Training Program Overview
- The purchase of the AFP tool includes 5 days of installation and training. In addition it includes 5 days acceptance procedure once installed.
- Level 1: For Tool Owners and Service Representatives (two weeks).
- AFP Components; Performance presentation (AFP heads, active vibration table, acoustic enclosure, A-Zoom, mechanical calibers, controllers ...).
- AFM fundamentals (close loop piezo positioning, imaging, image filtering, contact and non-contact feedback mode, tip handling and tip exchange, laser alignment).
- Sample Preparation (AFP specific sample preparation tutorial with tool interaction).
- Sample Navigation; how to mark a sample, how to locate a mark with the AF, and how to use the SNAP stage.
- Probing operation ( working with multiple and multiple groups of AFP heads, MultiScan, image overlay, I-BOX ramping, PicoCurrent imaging with multiple heads, transistor theory, transistor measurements, contact resistance.
- Troubleshooting the AFP; Recognize a hardware failure form a user mishandling. Preliminary test to solve a problem.
- Level 2: Service and Support Diagnostics
(for Service Representatives only - one week)
- This training is also available to advanced users (at an additional cost).
- Orthogonality Calibration (grid sample scanning with appropriate scan angles, orthogonality parameters settings).
- Calibration Suite diagnostic software. (Static calibration, ramping calibration, NI hardware troubleshooting.)
- Leakage in an AFP head. Triax cable.
- Built In Self Test. (AFP piezoelectric crystal range, piezoelectric stack coupling characterization, checking the laser alignment adjustments.)
- Head defects and their impacts on Image Quality.
- Test the environmental impacts on AFP tool (vibration characterization with accelerometer and spectrum analyzer, air conditioning control...). Choosing the optimal location for the instrument.
- Instrument Tear Down and Set Up from scratch. Ground loop settings. AFP head handling & shipping cover.